KPMG Lakehouse Opens in Orlando
Orlando, Fla. (January, 14, 2020) – KPMG Lakehouse, which promises to be a catalyst for innovation and enable KPMG’s 35,000 professionals to continuously learn, grow and develop, is now open in the Orlando community of Lake Nona.
During its first year of operation, KPMG expects to deliver more than one million hours of in-person professional development to 800 of its professionals each week at the 800,000-square-foot learning, development and innovation center.
“I’m excited about what KPMG Lakehouse represents for our people and the future of our firm,” said KPMG Chairman and CEO Lynne Doughtie. “The impact of Lakehouse will extend beyond the walls of the physical building and enhance how we work with each other, innovate and serve our clients, and protect the capital markets today and in the future.”
The $450 million facility includes the KPMG Lakehouse Ignition Center, where KPMG professionals will meet with clients and colleagues to explore potential disruptors, new business models, and breakthrough solutions.
Conveniently located near the Orlando International Airport, KPMG Lakehouse features:
- 800 single-occupancy guest rooms
- 90 learning and innovation spaces
- Multiple dining options, including a separate social venue for people to relax and connect, with indoor and outdoor seating
- A 1,000-seat town hall space
- Amenities with a focus on total well-being, including a 15,000 square-foot fitness center, walking and biking paths and outdoor recreational areas
- Design elements that celebrate and reinforce KPMG’s rich history, values, inclusiveness and culture.
KPMG has long been recognized as a premier learning organization. The firm has won awards for innovative programs, and has been inducted in the Training Magazine Top 10 Hall of Fame.
Drawing on advanced technology and a learning model that moves beyond classroom lectures, KPMG Lakehouse encourages interaction, collaboration and discovery. Mobile applications guide learners through each day and maximize the experience – helping with everything from registration, schedules, dining and exercise options, and connecting with fellow learners on site.