SelectFlorida offers a variety of trade grants through the Florida Export Diversification & Expansion program to help qualified companies start exporting for the first time or diversify into new overseas markets.
Participating in one-on-one business matchmaking and trade shows, developing a customized Export Marketing Plan, or localizing your website for an overseas audience will all strengthen and diversify your company’s sales. SelectFlorida has trade grants to help you reach your goals.
Below are the minimum qualifications for all trade grants.
1. Must be located in Florida and registered as an active entity with the Florida Division of Corporations at www.sunbiz.org.
2. Must be in business for a minimum of two (2) years in the state of Florida based on Florida Division of Corporations records.
3. Must have a licensed commercial operation that consists of either an office, office/warehouse, or manufacturing facility. Coworking spaces are eligible. Home-based businesses and virtual offices do not qualify.
4. Must employ at least three full-time employees (excluding 1099 contractors) but no more than 500, based on the combined employment of parent company, subsidiaries, divisions, etc.
5. Must have at least $250,000 in annual sales in the calendar previous year.
6. Must be one of the following:
• Florida-based manufacturer whose product(s) are produced in the state.
• Services provider in an approved target sector. Services must be provided from a Florida location.
• Manufacturer’s Representative, representing a Florida company whose products are manufactured in the state. Additional documentation will be required.
7. Product line or service must be considered viable in the target market as determined by the U.S. Commercial Service or SelectFlorida.
8. Qualified companies can receive a maximum of three trade grants each year between July 1 and June 30. See Limits for each individual grant.
9. Other restrictions and exceptions may apply at our discretion.
Please see each individual grant for additional qualifications.