FY 2023-2024 Florida Defense Support Task Force Grant Recipients
- University of West Florida $460,000 – To develop, field, and verify the prototype system and control network on the Avon Park Air Force Range to show proof of concept for the Beta Test of the Florida Advanced Training Range.
- City of Jacksonville Military Affairs and Veterans Department $500,000 – To implement encroachment protection and compatible land use for Naval Air Station Jacksonville, Naval Station Mayport, and Outlying Field Whitehouse.
- Clay County Development Authority $500,000 – To purchase fee and/or less than fee interest in property(ies) within the approved Army Compatible Use Buffer around Camp Blanding Joint Training Center, protecting the center from incompatible land development and encroachment and safeguarding current and future training operations
- 125th Fighter Wing – Florida National Guard $500,000 – To improve the current road surface, making it suitable to support construction traffic and gain access to the new alternate entry gate in preparation of the base’s continued growth.
- Emerald Coast Regional Council $182,600 – To build upon partnership agreements among the military installations in the Emerald Coast region and their surrounding communities to allow military installations to partner with local and state governments and provide a wide variety of services.
- Orange County Research & Development Authority $120,000 – To create a roadway widening design and engineering plan for Science Drive at the new main entrance to the Navy Complex at the Central Florida Research Park.
- TOTAL – $2,262,600